During bankruptcy, when businesses and creditors find themselves owed significant sums of money, RLT works with them to collect their unpaid debts—to protect their rights to payment and collateral. Our attorneys practice in all types of bankruptcy proceedings, including out-of-court workouts, as well as foreclosures, and in all courts, including state courts, bankruptcy courts, district courts, and circuit courts throughout the country.
We are exceptionally skilled in applying the numerous solutions offered by federal bankruptcy law to ensure that creditors obtain payment. These creditors' rights tools include:
• Adversary proceedings
• Bankruptcy reclamation
• Challenging preferences and fraudulent conveyances
• Collateral rights protection
• Commercial debt collection and asset identification
• Defense of lien avoidance actions
• Disputing unfavorable plan structures and formulating alternative plans of reorganization
• Litigating cash collateral disputes
• Negotiating and restructuring defaulted loans
• Negotiating lease assumptions
• Non-dischargeability actions
• Obtaining relief from the automatic stay
RLT represents a wide range of creditor clients, secured creditors, and commercial lending entities, including:
• Chapter 11 trustees
• Chapter 7 trustees
• Secured and unsecured creditors
• Reorganization plan proponents
• Official committees
• Trade creditors
RLT can also assist your company with its debt collection needs as well.
Rabinowitz, Lubetkin & Tully, LLC is a eight (8) lawyer firm that focuses its practice in the areas of bankruptcy, civil litigation, and commercial real estate. RLT’s attorneys are leaders in their field. Chambers USA, which lists America’s leading lawyers for business, and is a highly-respected legal directory based on in-depth interviews with in-house counsel and private practice attorneys, recently ranked RLT ahead of many larger well-respected firms. RLT was described as "deliver[ing] effective, timely and beneficial services that yielded favorable results." RLT was also noted as "hav[ing] tremendous knowledge and [the ability to] do timely and efficient work."